Monday, January 10, 2011

New Years!

As I'm sitting here enjoying a snowy night - I think back to New Years Day when I was outside in shorts in 65 degree weather in Edisto Island, SC. I think I prefer the beach weather better. :)

New Years weekend was so relaxing this year and I had a blast. Christopher and I headed down (or east?) to a friend's house in Edisto Island to enjoy the weekend with friends. Our weekend included a lot of football, eating, and relaxing. 

I'm not joking about the eating - our New Years Eve dinner was a delicious pot of jumbalaya and our New Years Day feast started with deep-fried shrimp for lunch (I'm proud to announce I learned how to peel, clean, devein, bread, and fry shrimp). Before we could even digest our lunch we started smoking ribs, chicken, freshly caught wahoo fish (a 60-pounder!). Then along with those came steamed oysters, grilled steaks, potatos, mac and cheese, beans, and plenty of dips. I might still be full. :)

watching the Gamecocks play (and unfortunately lose...)





With a view like this, I'm really not sure how I left:


Here's to a fabulous 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment