I did something last weekend that might not be a big deal to most, but was kind of a big deal to me.
I ran a 5k. Like, ran all 3.1 miles without stopping.
Now for a little history, I used to be a runner in high school. And by runner, I mean I was on the cross-country team. And by on the cross-country team, I mean that I finished maybe 75 percent of all the races I ran.
But I really did enjoy running at one point in my life. And I've learned that I just don't enjoy the competitive aspect of being in a race. So I have a new perspective. It's not about the time. It's about feeling good and relieving my stress in a healthy way!
So now I've done something crazy. I've decided to run a 10k in three weeks. Too soon? Maybe. But if I have to walk a little, I'll walk a little.
Maybe one day I'll be as awesome as Michelle and make it 13.1 miles. But for now, I'll keep moving slow and steady.
On a side note, Christopher and I are heading to Asheville for a few nights during our spring breaks. I've never been and would love food/drink/attraction recommendations! Thanks!!!


Hey, if you want to run a half with me, I'll sign up! Actually...maybe not haha. How about another 5k? Congrats! :)
ReplyDeleteJill, I am NOT a runner but love crossing the finish line every 5k I do......Mr T 2 years ago took me from walking to running a 1/2 marathon in 6 months. I have done 2. One in Paris March 2010 and one in Prague April 2011. He actually trained 12 of us to do it both times...when you are ready...let me know.
ReplyDelete