I know I said I was heading to Isle of Palms for the weekend - but last second we had a change of plans.
Friday was Christopher's interview with MCG (Medical College of Georgia - cross your fingers everybody!) and we both got up at 6:30am. I helped make him a little breakfast while he got ready and then watched some old-school Boy Meets World - I forgot how good that show is - while I tried to fall back asleep. Anyways, fast forward to 5:30pm when we're hitting the road for IOP. We stopped at the gas station, filled up, got a couple ginger ales for the road (Schweppes of course...), and bought two lottery tickets (a little tradition - no winners sadly). As we're pulling out of the gas station, we both kinda looked at eachother and realized how exhausted we were. After a little debating, we decided to stay in Augusta for the weekend.
I think we made a great decision in retrospect. We were both exhausted from traveling a lot lately and needed the weekend to relax. We grilled out both nights and watched football all weekend. I could not have been happier. Well, maybe a little happier if South Carolina could have pulled out the win in Auburn.
So nothing to share picture-wise, but I have a little video for everyone:
My best friend Rachel is living in Uganda for the year and working for a non-profit company. She is always doing amazing things on the weekend, and this tops the cake. A little background information: the guy in the video with her is a world-renowned kayaker and happens to have been her boyfriend while she was studying in Uganda during undergrad. She went kayaking with her over the weekend thinking she was going down grade II rapids (relatively easy) - and he surprised her with grade VI rapids. She is now famous in the kayak-world for this video and is the only non-kayaker to have gone down this rapid. I think it's hysterical!
No comments:
Post a Comment