Thursday, February 24, 2011

The worst blogger in the world.

It's official. I am the worst blogger in the world. But when I tell myself I have been too busy educating the future leaders of America to blog... it doesn't sound so bad (okay maybe not the future leaders... but some very successful professionals hopefully!). 

My little sister posted this on my wall:
You havent tweeted, blogged, or facebooked in far too long. I don't know what's going on your life and I don't like it.
Yes, it really has been that bad. February has been a great month. I adore all of my classes at high school and I already get sad thinking about the fact that I have to leave them at the end of April.

The first weekend in February was the weekend of birthdays! It was first and foremost my wonderful mother's birthday. You might think your mom rocks, but my mom's better (doesn't that sound like something a five year old would say? Yes, I'm a grown up.).


Luckily for my mom, she got to spend her birthday in N'awlins (a.k.a. New Orleans) with my dad. So jealous!! So my weekend was spent in Augusta celebrating Christopher's dad's birthday (the same day... crazy right?). Happy birthday Rick!! We had a wonderful dinner celebrating his birthday (as well as Amanda's little sister Katy... popular birthday!) at P.F. Changs. It was my first time eating there and I was amazed by the family dining concept! What a great idea... especially for the extremely indecisive folks like me! I only had to choose one thing but got to try so many others!


Christopher's wonderful parents!

two-thirds of the Davis girls

my boring-not-so-colorful plate (I did try lots of other things - promise!)

and Christopher's super-colorful plate
Chris came to Winston-Salem the following weekend to celebrate Valentine's Day. We had a fun day Saturday as I dragged took Chris to the mall and forced encouraged him to try on clothes for his Valentine's gift. He surprised me with the wonderful Hunter socks (socks for Valentine's day... maybe I am getting old?) that I have been wanting (and resisting buying) since I got my boots for Christmas. 


We then went to dinner at the Ghengis Grill. This had been recommended by a friend and is such a cool experience. It's Mongolian stir-fry and you create your own meal. You are given a bowl and walk down an assembly line where you pick your protein (from over ten different choices!), season your meat, choose your veggies (over 30 different choices!), pick your sauce, and lastly pick your starch.

You then turn it over to the chefs who cook on this huge round table with wooden sticks. 

The best part about it is that you can choose as much or as little of all the ingredients you want, as long as it fits in your bowl (Christopher's bowl was about to spill over!).

The only issue is if you are incredibly indecisive (who me?) it can be overwhelming. 
Which is exactly why I planned my dish online before we went. :)

so happy to take pictures for the blog!

too good not to post

The most recent weekend was spent wedding dress shopping for one of my best friends Cari! It was such a fun experience and I'm counting down the days until her beautiful October wedding!! The day was made even better when Katie and I arrived at the dress store 45 minutes early and took a detour to the J. Crew outlet (hey, it was only five exits away... you would have gone too!)!! We might have been bad influences for eachother but I sure came home with some great stuff for spring!



So here is to the last four days of February and hopefully more frequent blogging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment