Saturday, February 26, 2011

7 Facts Blog Award

I've finally made it in the blogging world... an award was passed on to me by Lindsay at A WIDLE OF THIS, A WIDLE OF THAT. Thanks Lindsay!

So the rules are: 
1. Tag the person who tagged you.
2. Post 7 facts about yourself.
3. Tag others!

So here's a little more about me:

1. I am seriously addicted to online shopping. Like, I'd rather order something offline than go buy it in a store because honestly, who doesn't love getting packages in the mail? To illustrate my obsession, just this week I've recieved four packages in the mail, including a new JPK bag from Rue la la (I just can't resist a good sale on that website), a new cover for my Nook Color from Barnes & Noble, clothes for Christopher from Banana Republic, and a new puzzle game from Amazon. Which brings me to fact number two...

2. I am a huge puzzle nerd. I mean slightly-embarrassingly huge puzzle nerd. I absolutely love puzzles of every kind, especially jigsaw puzzles. Except I don't always like to do the super-hard, everything-is-the-same-color jigsaw puzzles. I'd rather do the thousand piece $3 puzzles from Wal-mart that I can finish in one night. When I moved out of my house in Columbia, I had two huge boxes filled with jigsaw puzzles (I also might have a problem with hoarding...). There is just something so relaxing about puzzles that can de-stress me after a busy day!
I'm still trying to find someone else who loves this game as much as I do!

3. I am scared of everything. I may be almost twenty-three years old, but you will rarely find me home alone, especially when it's dark outside. I am that type of person who automatically thinks worst case scenario in any situation. I like to think it makes me responsible and overly-cautious but really it just makes me a huge scaredy-pants.
remember this show? yeah, I was too scared to watch.

4. I am a self-prescribed twitter-holic. I have been tweeting since June of 2009 (before it was cool) and have over 1,300 tweets. Although I do tweet a lot, I really enjoy twitter for the sports and news aspects. It's a great way to keep up with breaking news and I get to follow a lot of beat writers and athletes for the different teams I love.

5. My favorite foods, hands-down, is shrimp. I could eat shrimp everyday of my life. If shrimp is on the menu at a restaurant, I have a really hard time ordering anything else (especially shrimp scampi). If I had to pick one shrimp dish for the rest of my life, it would be Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish. 
My weakness
6. I have a creepy healthy obsession with Tim Tebow. It started with his recruitment during high school to play football at Florida and only grew during his college years. I cried tears of joy when he won the Heisman, cried even more when they won the national championship his junior year, had a near-anxiety attack when he got knocked out at Kentucky, and was estatic when he got drafted to Denver. I still wear my #15 Gators jersey and ordered my #15 Broncos jersey the day he was drafted. I managed to get a picture with him after the UF - USC game in 2009 and even though my family still teases me that it's not legit - he is obviously looking at my camera. 
Timmy (as I like to call him) and I.
7. I love sports. Believe it or not, I know more about sports than a lot of guys and enjoy nothing more than a good game, no matter what sport it is. For college sports, I was born and bred a Gators fan, loved the Demon Deacons growing up in Winston-Salem, and obviously have become a Gamecock fan during college. As much as it may surprise people, I have never cheered for the Gamecocks over the Gators (which makes daddy proud). As for professional teams, I don't really have favorite teams, but rather cheer for specific athletes (usually former Gators). I consider myself a Panthers fan, but I don't get heartbroken when they have the worst record in the league. My favorite NBA player is a tie between Al Horford and Tim Duncan. My favorite NFL player is Tim Tebow (obviously!) with a close second being Chad Johnson Ochocinco (if you don't follow him on twitter, you are seriously missing out). 


So there's 7 facts about me that you may not have known. 

Now I'd like to pass it on to Mary @ Branching Out and Michelle @ My Own Kind of Carolina Blue. Have fun!

All images via Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment