Life lately has been a big ole blur. A couple weeks ago, I was lucky enough to spend 3 days in our capital with 100+ eighth graders! Although being responsible for so many kids in a big city can be stressful, it was so fun watching the kids react to a city like DC.
Have I ever mentioned how talented my mother is? She took stacks of t-shirts that were just sitting in my closet and turned them into these:
| more on this house divided in the next post! |
How lucky am I? I love all three of my new quilts!!
I wanted to get her a little something to say thanks, and anyone who knows my mom, knows she loves Christmas decorations! I found this little gem at a store in Columbia and knew she would love it as much as I do.
Is it just me or is holiday season flying by this year? I do love Christmas season, but I feel like Thanksgiving gets more and more overlooked each year.
While in Augusta this past weekend, I had some time to grade papers shop while Christopher was in class. I really miss living near a Handpicked (and especially the employee discount I used to get) and always get carried away when I do get to go. I found some great jewelry and was super excited to find that all their collegiate stuff was 50% off.
[side note: within their collegiate collection on sale was the above ornament... for less than half the price I paid. go figure.]
I also headed to Gap where I came away with a few things, including my new favorite fall item:
I absolutely love the combination of gold and black (specifically for outfits, although Wake Forest is cool too). So imagine my excitement when my friend Erin added these beauties to her boutique.
If only I could have these for the formal Christopher and I are going to on Friday night. I wish you lived closer Erin! :)
I'm not sure this post could have been anymore random... but these are the thoughts running through my head on this rainy Wednesday night.
Happy almost weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment