Friday in Houston was probably my favorite day of the whole trip! It started with more relaxing by the pool and then we headed to quite possibly the most delicious restaurant I've ever been to, Jus' Mac.
If you couldn't guess from the name, this restaurant's specialty is mac and cheese. We started with fried mac and cheese balls, which were incredible.
| these were stuffed with noodles and cheese, with more cheese on the side. heaven. |
Then we ordered our personal mac and cheeses. Sara and Christopher went with the Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese (with bacon) and I had the Chick Chick Mac and Cheese (chicken and basil topped with colby jack).
After dinner we headed to a Houston Astros game!! It was such a neat experience - the entire baseball stadium is indoors! Sara found a great deal on tickets - and then we decided to upgrade our seats since Astros games don't typically sell out... ;)
It was such a good game but unfortunately the 'Stros couldn't pull off the win. I was not surprised to find out that during the 7th inning stretch, not only do they sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," but "Deep in the Heart of Texas" as well.
On our way home we stopped by Amy's Ice Cream. So yummy and the perfect end to a great day!!
Saturday was shopping day! Sara had the day off work and it was so fun to spend the whole day with her! We headed to the outlets where a lot of stores were having Memorial Day sales and we found some great deals. Then we spent the afternoon at the Galleria, which is the biggest mall I have ever been to. On the way to Neiman Marcus we strolled by Cartier, Tiffanys, Fendi, Armani, Michael Kors, and Kate Spade to name a few. I was in awe but only had one thing on my mind, Tory Burch.
After checking out Neimans, the Tory Burch store, and Nordstroms, I went a little Tory crazy.
![]() |
| my graduation/birthday gift from my wonderful sister!! thanks Sarey!!! |
![]() |
| and my graduation/birthday gift from Christopher! |
![]() |
| and my graduation/birthday gift to myself. |
Needless to say, I left the Galleria as a happy girl. :) And then it got even better when Sara took us to a cupcake bakery!
Saturday night we went to a delicious Tex-Mex restaurant with the most incredible margaritas!
Sara had to work Sunday morning so we got to say goodbye to her Saturday night after marathoning The Fantasy Factory (never heard of it? It's on MTV and it is hysterical). Sunday morning we said our goodbyes to the pup and headed to the airport.
Our trip to Houston was incredible and I wish we could have stayed longer. It was so much fun spending time with my seeeeester and I also wish Houston was a little closer to NC, but what can ya do? I did learn a few things, like Texans really like Texas, and Houston has some amazing restaurants.
Thanks for being such a great host Sara!



No comments:
Post a Comment