I have the worst luck with computers. Seriously. My computer from undergraduate "died" about 3 times due to ugly viruses - once requiring a brand new hard drive. My computer from graduate school (different computer, courtesy of WFU) had to be re-imaged three times due to viruses.
I honestly don't know why this always happens to me. I am so careful on the internet because I am so paranoid of viruses. My daily internet surfing includes facebook, twitter, blogs galore, and shopping. How do I get these viruses and no one else?
I was on the computer Thursday night when my anti-virus software popped up with a virus. So I immediately started running the virus scan and went to bed. Fast forward to Friday morning and my computer screen is black and won't turn on.
This wouldn't be as terrible as I'm making it seem if I didn't "graduate" from Wake Forest on Tuesday. A.k.a I no longer have the luxury of dropping it off, having them recover the files I need, and re-imaging the computer.
Luckily, Wake is going to run a basic virus removal in hopes that it fixes the issue. If it doesn't, looks like I'm joining the Macbook world earlier than planned (my goal was to wait until after Christmas).
I hate computers.
Anyways, long story short, I'm back on the undergraduate computer that is extremely finicky until further notice.

No comments:
Post a Comment