Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pilot Mountain

There was finally a break in football season craziness, and I finally got to spend a weekend in Winston-Salem! Chris was able to come into town and we enjoyed a relaxing weekend topped off with a Gamecock victory!

We decided to go hiking Saturday morning before the football games began and the weather was perfect. It was a little chilly since we went early morning but it warmed up by the end of our hike.

Before our hike
Trying to get the knob in the background
We decided to hike the trail that went around the bottom of the knob so we could climb on all the rocks!

Is there a decimal point before that 8? We'll never tell!
This picture is a reference point...
...because this was taken after I climbed to the same spot!
 Then my fear of heights kicked in and I climbed down quickly to avoid a panic attack.
.
Staying on solid ground!
Then we had some fun with the self-timer (it was a little embarrassing to ask someone to take these pictures)

So strong!
The next picture has to be my favorite of the day... It's Chris in his "rap video pose." You know, because a lot of rap videos are filmed in state parks. :) 

Overall, we had a great time and the changing colors of the leaves made the scenery beautiful
I can't lie though, I was a little sore the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment