I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by! I am currently trying to recover from a week of staying up late and sleeping in... I'm trying to keep my eyes open to write this post, so if it doesn't make sense, my apologies.
Spring Break was wonderful. It began with a quick trip to Greenville, SC for a conference. My friend Brian and I are both big basketball fans and so we planned to watch some of the sweet sixteen games at the bar in our hotel. Well, funny story... We walk into the bar and accidentally stumble upon some type of reunion with grandparent-age folks watching old home videos. Extremely awkward. And since I am incredibly akward, I turn red and run out of the door, stranding a clueless Brian behind. Luckily, our hotel happened to be located beside this fine establishment,
where we people-watched, enjoyed some basketball, and hung out with this guy:
and then I stayed in a hotel room ALL BY MYSELF. Terrifying, yes, but I was very proud of myself for only waking up like 10 times.
I spent the rest of the week in Augusta with Christopher, where we ate so much good food. We tend to eat out a lot but I just love going to restaurants. And by a lot, I mean Sunday we ate dinner at Olive Garden, Monday lunch at Moes, dinner at Rhineharts, Wednesday lunch at Pizza Joint, dinner at Miyabi, Thursday lunch at Ale House, and dinner at Chef Bistro.
Eek, that's a little embarassing when I say it out loud but his parents joined us for a couple of the meals so it was great to spend time with them.
![]() |
| Dinner at Miyabi |
![]() |
| I can never get over the amount of food these places give you... I swear I ate a lot! |
We tried a new recipe from Barefoot Contessa for Chicken Piccata for dinner Tuesday night. It was really yummy, but a little tangy for my taste. I guess that's what we get for not really tasting the sauce before we completely doused the chicken in it.
Friday we headed to Columbia for Carolina Cup! I have lots of fun pictures to share but I promised myself I would go to bed at halftime of the national championship game, so those will have to come later.
Thanks for reading! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment