Monday, December 6, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Saturday morning was spent shopping with my mom. We were incredibly productive and if I hadn't bought a bunch of Christmas gifts - I would brag about all our deals! 

Imagine my surprise when we walk out of Target and it is snowing!! Not just "look really hard and you'll see the snowflake," but snow everywhere! I had no idea there was even a chance of snow for the day. So we rushed home to take pictures in the snow... little did I know it would snow for another six hours!


Jackson is a yiddle camera shy.
So unfortunately no pictures of the snowy yard at its peak because the rest of the day was spent decorating for Christmas! My mom has a slight obsession with Christmas ornaments, one I didn't realize the extent of until I helped carry all the boxes down from the attic.

5 boxes of ornaments.
Probably about half of the decorations... and a very confused Jackson.
Although we may give my mom a hard time about all her decorations, our house always looks amazing. Another great tradition we have is to head to the mountains of NC and "choose & cut" our own Christmas tree! So we headed to Sparta, NC on Sunday in search of the perfect tree.


My dad loves to just drive until he feels like stopping - and stumbled across Joe Edwards Christmas Tree Farm one year. As Joe Edwards was my grandfather's (on my mom's side) name, it just felt right. Little did we know, we had mutual friends with the Edwards and we've been going back ever since. They are such a nice family and literally have thousands of trees to choose from! It was such a beautiful (but freeeeeeezing) day and the snow from the day before made the scenery even prettier than usual!


Have to check out the tree from every side!
The winner!
Once you've picked a tree, you tie a bright orange ribbon to it, flag down the tractor guys, and they do all the work for you! They chop down the tree and transport it back to the front of the farm where they wrap it up and tie it to your car. It's such a fun day trip to make and I loved seeing all the little kids running around picking out their favorite trees.



The tree is officially up in the house - but I'll save you the boring pictures until it has been decorated with all the ornaments! To be extra cheesy, 

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment